An e-Wallet is a system that securely stores users' payment information and passwords for numerous payment methods and websites. By using a digital wallet, users can complete purchases easily and quickly. They can also create stronger passwords without worrying about whether or not they will be able to remember them later on. Digital wallets can be used in conjunction with mobile payment systems that allow customers to pay for purchases with their smart phones. In some cases they can also be used to store loyalty card information and digital coupons.
With the success and rise of various e-Wallet providers as an alternative to cards for online payments, the concept of e-Wallets has gained traction and spawned a number of (localized) e-Wallets. These e-Wallets have grown into mature products with a viable future. Consumers value its ease and security.
Ingenico ePayments offers access to a range of international and localized e-Wallets, each with its own strength and focus in demographics, industries and countries. Using e-Wallets via us gives you many added benefits not only in processing and reporting, but also in the many local legislative and taxation issues.
The e-Wallets enable an online retailer to immediately provide the consumer with the ordered goods or services. This is due to the real-time online confirmation of a successful payment.
- Real time authorization for instant fulfilment
- High security and verification level
- Fast integration via us
- Daily automated matching and reporting
- No struggle with local entity requirements and repatriation of funds
- Consumer doesn’t need to share his bank or card details with consumers
Integration with e-Wallet
- The consumer places an order on your website or in your app and chooses to pay with an e-Wallet.
- The consumer is redirected to the e-Wallet provider’s payment page to login and confirm the billing information as well as the funding source within the wallet.
- We receive real-time feedback on the transaction approval from the e-Wallet provided once the consumer completes the payment via the payment page.
- The payment status is communicated in real-time to both you and the consumer.
- The funds are transferred within a couple of days of a completed payment to us.
- We match the funds to the pending order.
- We remit the collected payments to you. It also provides daily reports informing you on the payments received. Individual payment status’ are always available in the Payment Console.