- Countries & currencies
- Process flows
- Additional information
OverviewPayment group: Mobile
Payment product id: 302
Apple Pay is Apple’s mobile payment product, which allows consumers an easy and secure way to pay for physical goods and services such as groceries, clothing, tickets and reservations on your checkout page and in your iOS app. By using Face ID, Touch ID or their Apple Watch, users can quickly and securely provide their payment, shipping and contact information to check out with just one touch.
The consumer adds her/his credit or debit cards to their wallet on their iPhone and adds the payment and shipping information to the Apple Pay wallet. The payment details the consumer enters in the Apple Pay wallet are tokenized and then securely stored. If the consumer clicks the “Buy with Apple Pay” button on the payment page or in the app, the payment can immediately start, since the card with which the consumers wants to pay will be loaded from the Apple Pay wallet, as well as the shipping address if applicable.
We offer you the following integration options:
- Apple Pay on the Web using our MyCheckout hosted payment pages
- You will only need to provide us with the business name you want your consumer's to see, which you can fill out easily in the configuration center.
- We take care of the integration and boarding with Apple.
- You can adjust the look and feel of the checkout page your consumers see as usual in the MyCheckout editor
- Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page: decryption is done by Worldline and you use Worldline's direct integration with Apple
- You only need to provide the business name your want your consumers to see, which you can easily provide in the configuration center
- You will need to host one file at your domain
- We take care of the decryption of the sensitive payment data
- We will board you with Apple
- Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page: decryption is done by Worldline and you use your own Apple account
- We decrypt the sensitive payment data for you and send you in this case a reminder when your Apple Pay payment processing certificate expires.
- You can easily create the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) which you need for Apple Pay in our configuration center, in case we decrypt the sensitive payment data.
- You will need to board with Apple and take care of the additional required integration steps
- Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page: decryption is done by you and you use your own Apple account
- You decrypt the sensitive payment data and send it to us for further processing
- You will need to board with Apple and take care of the required integration steps
- Apple Pay for apps
- Our iOS SDK allows you to easily add Apple Pay to your mobile app.
- Alternatively you can create the Certificate Signing Request (CSR) yourself and thus decrypt the sensitive payment data yourself.
- You will need to board with Apple
In case you offer Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page or offer Apple Pay in-app, you can choose to decrypt the payment data yourself and send it over to us to process the payment. Alternatively we will manage the decryption of the payment data for you, which is by default the case if you use the MyCheckout hosted payment pages to offer Apple Pay on the Web.
Apple Pay also allows consumers to pay in-store using their mobile phone, but Worldline only supports in-app payments and on the web payment, with Apple Pay for Visa and Mastercard, American Express and Discover cards.
- In countries in which Apple Pay is supported, the option to add a card to the wallet on the device of the consumer will be enabled. The consumer can add her/his payment details as well as shipping and billing address in the app.
- Within an app that supports Apple Pay, the button “Buy with Apple Pay” will appear when the consumer is ready to checkout.
- The card details, shipping address and contact details of the consumer are visible and can be changed upon wish of the consumer. Next to that the total amount is also displayed. The consumer will need to use Touch ID to validate the payment.
- Once the payment is validated it will be sent via the typical purchase flow, so that we can process this payment.
- A frictionless consumer experience using Apple’s native Touch ID, Face ID or Apple Watch
- Offering Apple Pay on the Web to your consumers using our MyCheckout hosted payment pages can be done easily be providing us the details you want to show to your consumers
- Full flexibility in integrating Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page, allowing you to integrate in a few steps using the straightforward integration of Connect
- Easy way of creating the Certificate Signing Key (CSR) in the configuration center of Connect
- Easy integration of Apple Pay for in-app payments using our iOS SDK
- A secure way of paying as the card data of the consumer is tokenized and the Device PAN (DPAN) is used to process the payment.
- Increase your conversion as consumers can pay without having to enter all their payment details.
We will need to enable Apple Pay for your account (merchantID) with us. In order to do so, you will need to sign a "Card Not Present" agreement to process card payments, in case you have not done that yet.
Once Apple Pay is enabled for your account and you use the MyCheckout hosted payment pages or you use your own checkout and but Worldline's integration with Apple, you only need to provide some details in the configuration center. No further boarding is needed.
In case you offer Apple Pay on the Web on your own checkout page and don't want to use Worldline's integration with Apple or if you offer Apple Pay in-app, you will need an Apple Developer Account with Apple. Through this account you can obtain your Apple Merchant ID, you can generate the certificate(s) you need and in case of Apple Pay on the Web verify your domain.
We will be happy to help you get started.